The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has lately made it necessary for all mobile phone users to examine and register their gadgets with the authority over the internet. It must need a PTA IMEI check, verification, and register cell phones with PTA DIRBS 2021. Any device that isn’t registered with the PTA mobile registration portal is at risk of being prohibited by the authority.
If you possess a cellular device, you should be aware that the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority must verify and authorize every cell phone or mobile device sold in the nation (PTA). After a specific period of activation, if the device is not registered or falls under the category of non-PTA authorized devices, it will be banned.
You can now avoid the trouble of having your smartphone banned and losing all your info by just scrolling down the page to get simple instructions on how to verify a phone’s IMEI number in several methods.
What is an IMEI Number?
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is a unique identifier that identifies GSM, WCDMA, and iDEN phones. Dual-SIM phones have two separate IMEI numbers since each SIM slot on your mobile device has its own IMEI number.
The IMEI number may be readily discovered regardless of whether you have an Android or an iPhone. Simply follow the steps below:
- The IMEI is generally printed under the battery of your cellphone, next to the SIM card [in detachable battery devices] for Android phone users.
- If you can’t find it under the battery or the battery won’t come out, your device’s IMEI is also printed on the packaging.
- iPhone owners can readily locate their phone’s IMEI number on the rear.
How to Register IMEI Number in PTA?
Checking PTA approval and registering your mobile phone with PTA is now very simple. All you must do is download the PTA app and enter the phone’s details. They will then provide a challan number, which may be simply paid online via mobile banking. Your phone will be registered after the final step is finished.
PTA registration offers a Google Playstore App to help you with your online PTA IMEI Check registration. On your Android smartphone, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pk.gov.dirbs.dvspublic and download the PTA mobile IMEI verification App. You can also search “DVS PTA Pakistan App” from the google play store and install it.
After downloading the PTA IMEI Check App, follow the easy steps to do an online PTA IMEI check.
- Open installed Device Verification System application on your smartphone.
- Now Enter your phone IMEI number in the application search box.
- Hit submit button and let the app check it.
- After few seconds, it will give you results whether your mobile or GSM device is registered with PTA or not.
How to Check Your Phone’s IMEI Number in Pakistan?
The last deadline from PTA was October 20, 2018, to check mobile IMEI number verification. But PTA still allows you to register your mobile phone with PTA by paying additional taxes.
We here compile some information for you to check your phone PTA approve status after the deadline pass. Also, you can check your GSM and broadband internet devices as well.
To check your phone’s IMEI number, follow these steps:
- Launch the mobile dialer on the device whose IMEI you wish to look up.
- Now enter the following code: *#06#
- When you hit #, your device’s IMEI number will show on the screen.
- You’ll see two IMEI numbers on your screen if you have a dual SIM phone.
- To verify and check the PTA registration status of your phone, copy the IMEI number(s).
Note: If you are planning to import a device from foreign country then make sure to Calculate PTA tax so you can estimate the total cost of your device.
SMS Verification of PTA Mobile IMEI:
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority has implemented a number of methods for verifying mobile devices. Device Identification, Registration, Blocking System (DIRBS), and PTA Device Verification System are two examples (DVS). If you wish to use SMS to authenticate your mobile phone with PTA, follow the steps below:
- Grab your phone and access your inbox messages after you have your phone’s IMEI number [as indicated in the methods above].
- Text IMEI number to 8484 in a new message.
- Now you must wait for the response. You will receive a response from PTA in a few seconds, indicating whether the mobile device is registered with PTA.
Verification of mobile IMEI through the PTA website:
If you want to learn how to use a PC to authenticate your cell phone with PTA, there is a specific webpage for that. Here is a step-by-step guide to determining whether you are using a PTA-approved mobile device.
Here’s a step-by-step way to see if your cell phone is PTA-approved:
- Navigate to the PTA Mobile Verification Registration Check page on your web browser.
- Scroll down the website until you see the bar that says, “Enter 15-digit IMEI.”
- Now, in the bar, type in your 15-digit cellphone IMEI number.
- Click the ‘Check’ button once you’ve input the IMEI number.
You’ll be sent straight to your PTA mobile registration information.
What exactly is DIRBS?
DIRBS PTA IMEI Check is a sophisticated mechanism used by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority. It guarantees that only devices that have been lawfully imported and certified by the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) may be used on Pakistan’s mobile networks.
Concluding that it is very important to register and verify your IMEI numbers with PTA otherwise the primary disadvantage is that if your phone is blocked by Pakistan’s telecommunications system, you will no longer be able to access any of the country’s cellular network services. As a result, it is critical that you complete the online PTA verification policy to avoid any subsequent difficulty.
What is the registration procedure?
A user can register his mobile device in one of three ways:
From a mobile phone, dial the USSD code *8484#.
Go to https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs and fill out the form.
By visiting any mobile operator’s franchise/customer service center (CSC) across Pakistan.
How long will it take for the phone to be registered?
Customs taxes are paid using banks or e-payments, and the money is sent to the FBR via 1-Link. The status of the application changes from “Pending” to “Approved” after confirmation. If a device is banned, all registered IMEIs are sent to the relevant operators on an hourly basis for unblocking.
I have a compliant mobile device; do I still need to register it?
No, there is no need to register compliant mobile device(s) because they are already registered with PTA.
How can I check my PTA IMEI online?
You can easily check your PTA IMEI by dialing *#06#. You can also visit the PTA website link: www.dirbs.pta.gov.pk or by downloading the DIRBS android mobile application from Google Play Store.
How check PTA Approved Mobile?
To check your mobile device status, dial *#06# and SMS each 15 digits IMEI to 8484. Make sure to have all IMEIs (Dual SIM) of their mobile phone registered with PTA.
How can I register my mobile with PTA online?
Open any web browser and enter https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs to open the Device Registration Portal. Create an account by Signing up and then logging in to check your mobile status.